I love the holiday season. Love. All the food and family and food and friends and food. Everyone just enjoying each other’s company…eating. Plus, there’s all the food. I love the holidays. My waistline, not so much. 😛
In celebration of this most foodiful time of the year, Meghan from Cake ‘n Knife and Susannah from Feast + West are hosting a Blogsgiving Dinner this week. More than 60 blogs have come together to make your holiday table full and merry and bright. Check out the entire menu in Part 1 and Part 2 of the round-up for some seriously inspiring and drool worthy dishes to fill your tables and bellies.
Truthfully, I had originally wanted to make a pumpkin soup, but the weather around here hadn’t quite gotten to “soup weather” territory until very recently. While I was prepping this post it was more on the “ice cream weather” side of the thermometer, but since I’ve put out so many ice creams lately, I thought I’d go with the other most common cold dessert in our house – panna cotta.
Turns out, this Pumpkin Panna Cotta is like a creamy, crustless pumpkin pie in a bowl. So good, and so easy, too!
Pumpkin Panna Cotta
Author: Joy @ The Joyful Foodie
Recipe type: dessert, easy
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups whole milk or heavy cream*
- ¼ cup maple syrup**
- whipped cream (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- Sprinkle gelatin over the pumpkin puree, stir and set aside.
- Heat the milk or cream over medium heat, stirring often, until the edges begin to bubble.
- Stir in the maple syrup and remove from heat.
- Add the pumpkin + gelatin mixture to the hot milk and stir until smooth and well combined.
- (Optional) Press this mixture through a fine mesh strainer for a super smooth dessert. Otherwise…
- Pour mixture into individual serving dishes and chill in the refrigerator until firm, about four hours, preferably longer.
- Top with whipped cream, a dash of cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup if desired.
Notes*use heavy cream for a richer, creamier panna cotta
**you can use more if you like your desserts sweeterWordPress Recipe Plugin by EasyRecipe