So…I just jumped on that train. The Creamy Cauliflower Sauce Train. Oh, you haven’t heard of that train? Then
you must not be a Pinterest fanatic let me be the one to introduce you to the magic that is turning cauliflower into “cream” sauce.
To be honest, I didn’t try out any other cauli-cream sauce recipes before I made this. I just saw the idea and decided on what I thought would make a delicious sauce. And I was right. It’s always fun when you’re right.
I decided on roasting the cauliflower instead of boiling or microwaving like I’ve seen others do since there’s just a little something extra that roasting adds to the flavor (though I do still hold that roasting cauliflower doesn’t change the flavor as drastically as some people say). Plus, I was roasting the garlic anyway, so I figured they would all go in the oven together like one delicious family.
Also, I’m lazy like that. One pan and done? I’m good with that.
Plus, roasted garlic always wins. Always.
I kind of have a thing for roasted garlic. I may need help.
Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Cream Sauce
This thick, creamy and full of sweet, roasted garlic flavor, this sauce is perfect for topping your favorite pasta or underneath a mild fish.
Author: Joy @ The Joyful Foodie
Recipe type: Gluten Free, Vegetarian Option
Serves: about 3 cups
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 pounds)
- 1 head garlic (at least 10-12 cloves)
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut cauliflower into 1-1.5 inch florets.
- Spread the florets on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Cut the top off the head of garlic and drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap the garlic in foil and place in a corner of the baking sheet with the cauliflower.
- Roast the garlic and cauliflower for 30 minutes or until the tips of the cauliflower are browned.
- Place the broth, Parmesan, roasted cauliflower, 10-12 of the roasted garlic gloves in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Before I go, can I just point out the noodles that this yumminess is sitting on top of? I made that pasta…with almond flour. Totally grain free and delicious. You’re just going to have to come back next week for that recipe. 😉
Have you gotten on board the cauliflower cream sauce train yet?
So you’re feeling saucy are you?